Photo

Does anybody else find they lose enthusiasm to play?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 _DaVid_

_DaVid_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Member: 895117

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:19

Snap , I've got my next exam at the end of March and I'm not practising nowhere near enough. Just so tired all the time :(

I've got my exam at the end of March too. It's a stay of execution! I always try to be ready for day one of the exams, 26th of Feb I think in this case, but obviously each grade brings a greater workload. It can be difficult to breathe new life into your practice regime but sometimes it needs a shake up. Maybe you could try to rearrange yours in a different way to do this?

I'm getting a bit tired of a couple of my pieces now and want to move on. I'm playing other pieces too not just the exam pieces now. However, I am finding it difficult to resolve some problems with the pieces I like least and it can be hard trying to find a way to overcome them. Success comes in tiny increments!

Good luck with your playing and I hope you can find a way around the problem.

#32 Thepianist

Thepianist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Member: 893388

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:59

I've got a new partner now so I'm spending all my free time I get to myself with her haha hence not much practice. I'm still doing about 20 hours but not 40 so I feel guilty lol

#33 EllieD

EllieD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Member: 897806

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:39

Don't feel guilty! 20 hours is still a lot, and you've already done loads of prep for your exams. If you do too much there's a risk of things going stale anyway. Enjoy the time with your lovely lady, all great musicians need emotional feeling to be connected with their music, and that doesn't come from being closeted away with a piano! smile.png