#16 helen_flute

helen_flute

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Member: 898089

Posted 06 August 2018 - 20:32

Thanks, I am better now.

My teacher thinks I’ll be ready, it’s just I don’t feel I will be! He thought I could have taken it in June but the timing with work wasn’t great.

I think I’ll feel more positive once I’m back into the swing of lessons. I’ve only had once since the end of May and although I’ve had lots to work on, it’s difficult keeping my confidence going.

#17 adultpianist

adultpianist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Member: 888829

Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:54

To ###### with what your teacher thinks.  Go with what YOU think.  You are the one sitting the exam not the teacher.  I once had a driving instructor who pushed and pushed me into taking the test before I felt ready saying oh I think you are ready etc and so I listened to him instead of myself and I failed.   I am not saying that if you take your exam you will fail but sometimes we know what we are capable of and when.  I had a flute teacher who pushed me beyond my capabilities and I had to tell him to slow down.   I did not feel ready for the things he was teaching me because I still felt there were things I did not know at the lower level and when I switched to a better teacher I knew I was right