#16 hummingbird

hummingbird

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1776 posts
  • Member: 491056

Posted 18 November 2018 - 22:47

The last time I had any communications with a mod, it was with Res.  I've PM'd him to ask for clarification.

happy.png
The mods used to be really good at communication but sadly no longer.  Come on, mods, it's not very good PR to ignore your own forum!

The last several times I've posted, I've had to go through the Captcha thing for each Preview, Edit and Post, including not just one but three lots of image selections each time.

#17 Ligneo Fistula

Ligneo Fistula

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts
  • Member: 529803
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:09

I get the 'prove you're not a robot captcha' thingy too... but only occasionally.

#18 Zixi

Zixi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Member: 895683

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:43

It may be being triggered by Firefox and in specific views. Firefox has gone through an update recently and it might be that something in that update is triggering the behaviour. Or it might be the forum platform has undergone a change and is triggering the behaviour in Firefox.  Software development is extremely complex  and behaviour of a module is sometimes very difficult to predict in every situation. Sometimes testers 'forget' to test ever scenario - they see it works ok with one platform so they assume the same with the other.  If it is a Firefox trigger then IE or Chrome obviously won't trigger it. It is annoying though particularly as its idea of where a traffic light begins and ends isn't always my idea and I am probably not alone.

#19 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17193 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:11

I am one of the longer serving forumites, and have never seen that Captcha thing here using Chrome, but do get it it on some other sites I post in

#20 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7243 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 22 November 2018 - 09:31

Perhaps not actually a security problem but several times recently I have had the "timed out" message which assures me that everything is working fine except that the ABRSM site may be suffering form something "hogging" their resources. I tried four times before i got through this morning.

#21 mel2

mel2

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4658 posts
  • Member: 6928
  • East Yorkshire

Posted 22 November 2018 - 09:34

Perhaps not actually a security problem but several times recently I have had the "timed out" message which assures me that everything is working fine except that the ABRSM site may be suffering form something "hogging" their resources. I tried four times before i got through this morning.

Me too. Couldn't access the site last night either -Error 552 (or was it 522?) All suggesting there was something wrong with the host site.

#22 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7243 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:15

Yes, mel2 - it's the same message. so something isn't quite right with the site at the moment.

#23 hummingbird

hummingbird

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1776 posts
  • Member: 491056

Posted 22 November 2018 - 13:34

As well as the messages mentioned above, I've just had:

www.abrsm.org Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Edit:  and got the Captcha thing before I could post.