Photo

New peripatetic teacher looking for advice.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Hildegard

Hildegard

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1024 posts
  • Member: 887389

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:53

Thing is, I told you about my issues AFTER you gave me the advice.

I give the same advice, whether people have health issues or not. It is in our visiting teachers' handbook, given to all new members of the department and is offered, as it was to you, as a tip to help save their time. Anyway, I see no point in continuing this discussion, since you clearly don't need my advice and appear to just want to provoke argument, so I will not be replying again.

#32 HelenVJ

HelenVJ

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2016 posts
  • Member: 1265
  • South-East London ( OK - Penge)

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:43

Hildegard, there is a significant difference between mis-spellings on hand-written reports and typos due to typing on phones etc. I do actually know how to spell 'their' and 'piano' but for some reason when I am typing, they can mysteriously appear as 'thier' or 'paino'.  I am not surprised that Mumofmany found your helpful advice somewhat condescending, especially after her explanation.

#33 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7240 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 18 November 2018 - 14:21

A lot of errors occur because of the automatic corrections which are almost all based on American spelling. I'm with Banjogirl on that. I think we should resist!

#34 Mumofmany

Mumofmany

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Member: 892867

Posted 18 November 2018 - 14:22

Thing is, I told you about my issues AFTER you gave me the advice.

I give the same advice, whether people have health issues or not. It is in our visiting teachers' handbook, given to all new members of the department and is offered, as it was to you, as a tip to help save their time. Anyway, I see no point in continuing this discussion, since you clearly don't need my advice and appear to just want to provoke argument, so I will not be replying again.

You will notice, if you read back over one of your posts, there is a typo. It’s okay though, as it happens to the best of us! I certainly don’t want an argument, simply genuine support from genuine fellow human beings. Best wishes to you!

#35 Mumofmany

Mumofmany

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 14:27

Hildegard, there is a significant difference between mis-spellings on hand-written reports and typos due to typing on phones etc. I do actually know how to spell 'their' and 'piano' but for some reason when I am typing, they can mysteriously appear as 'thier' or 'paino'. I am not surprised that Mumofmany found your helpful advice somewhat condescending, especially after her explanation.

Thank you! My point exactly but put in a far more concise way, without the internal frustration :) I honestly didn’t come here for an argument. I’ve always received such wonderful support from fellow forum users and didn’t think twice about writing a rather hurried post before I left the house. Ah well..

#36 Mumofmany

Mumofmany

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 14:30

A lot of errors occur because of the automatic corrections which are almost all based on American spelling. I'm with Banjogirl on that. I think we should resist!

I despise my American autocorrect! The thing, however, has a mind of its own and resists my attempts at change! Ha!

#37 LoneM

LoneM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Member: 894763

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:57

It's usually possible to change to English autocorrect - however it may be so buried in the settings "options" that you may decide that life is too short to hunt for it. laugh.png

#38 zwhe

zwhe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Member: 898658

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:44

I turned mine off altogether after accidentally getting myself into trouble by texting something very rude! Fortunately they believed me when I explained...