#46 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4405 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted Yesterday, 22:35

Can you ask him if he wants it - otherwise I'll have to find a piano pupil with worms!unsure.png

#47 Latin pianist

Latin pianist

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3319 posts
  • Member: 711500

Posted Today, 09:04

My son says he could use another one, but it would probably cost quite a lot to post. Maybe there's a needy sheep farmer locally?

#48 corenfa

corenfa

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5986 posts
  • Member: 95861
  • Here

Posted Today, 10:03

So I've done four sessions at the hospital so far, and it's been quite fun, if a bit random. I've averaged one interruption per session, mostly it's small children wanting a go (though the beaming parents who kept filming while their toddler climbed me and the piano to pound the keyboard really should have known better). Someone wanted to know if I played the guitar too and could accompany caroling at the wards, which unfortunately I don't so I can't. 

I also decided to sightread the Mendelssohn Christmas pieces - there's one in G minor which I completely ignored the key signature of for half the piece so it switched abruptly from G major to G minor blink.png I don't think anyone noticed. I hope. 

#49 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2418 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted Today, 10:23

So I've done four sessions at the hospital so far, and it's been quite fun, if a bit random. I've averaged one interruption per session, mostly it's small children wanting a go (though the beaming parents who kept filming while their toddler climbed me and the piano to pound the keyboard really should have known better). Someone wanted to know if I played the guitar too and could accompany caroling at the wards, which unfortunately I don't so I can't.

I also decided to sightread the Mendelssohn Christmas pieces - there's one in G minor which I completely ignored the key signature of for half the piece so it switched abruptly from G major to G minor blink.png I don't think anyone noticed. I hope.

What a lovely thing to do. They're lucky to have you.

#50 Zixi

Zixi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Member: 895683

Posted Today, 10:54

I agree with Banjogirl - it's a wonderful thing to do and will be very much appreciated! I'm glad you're having fun too!