#16 ma non troppo

ma non troppo

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts
  • Member: 76027

Posted 31 January 2019 - 14:06

For what it's worth, I find in general that perhaps the "least well off" of my students tend to be the most prompt payers - presumably because they have budgeted carefully.

It can be difficult charging for a non attendance if you don't have any money in hand.

#17 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22911 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 06 February 2019 - 20:28

My pupils all pay in advance, normally for a term  of 7 or 8 lessons.I have only ever had one parent who asked me if i could accept weekly payments and this was a single parent on a limited budget and I accepted on condition that she did not mention this to other parents. However I would find it financially very difficult to let this become the norm.

On the other hand  as a teenager I was obliged to take a long walk to a  solid but not very inspiring teacher who accepted the weekly payment of  three shillings and sixpence for a half hour lesson because my parents could not manage the termly payments  for  lessons at my school. The school lessons were given  an excellent, imaginative  teacher and I longed to go to her because all my friends did. She eventually took me on as a private pupil paying weekly and she even gave me free lessons the weeks I babysat for her. I owe her a lot for that kindness - but she was in a financial position where she could afford to be generous and she that she certainly was. Everyone's case is different.

I'd find that difficult. My money arrives a month at a time so having to pay for two or more months at once can be tricky, particularly the first time.