chris13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Member: 7226
  • Lancaster; originally from Rhubarb Triangle Yorkshire

Posted 23 February 2019 - 18:59

......or if there is repertoire for guitar accompanied by piano.

#17 Harry_

Harry_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Member: 898127

Posted 25 February 2019 - 13:45

The International Guitar Foundation run summer schools in Bath if you would like a trip over to England. I think they are annual. I did their Classical guitar course about six years ago. You do get the opportunity to play in the end of course concert as part of the guitar orchestra, (that’s all the students), within a smaller ensemble group and your own solo piece as well. They also bring in professional performing artists for evening concerts, who lead masterclasses throughout the week.

London Guitar festival, also run by the IGF is in the autumn. I think they run workshops or master classes. There are some really good concerts as well. Ana Vidovic was in concert last year and she lead a masterclass which I attended. As a Classical guitarist you would enjoy it if you would like a few days away!

Thanks Karensnagsby -- It's good to have feedback on these retreats from someone who's been. Other ones I was considering:

- West Dean Classical Guitar Weekend;

- Billesley Manor, Stratford-upon-Avon;

- Jackdaws ensemble, Somerset.
It's all about finding the time and the money! And finding a good course of course!

#18 ejw21

ejw21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Member: 820271
  • Skipton, N Yorks

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:53

I went on a piano course at Jackdaws about 4 years ago. It was very good and the setting is fantastic!