_DaVid_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Member: 895117

Posted 14 February 2019 - 13:54

Hi,

I like having the syllabus booklet with all the grades and requirements etc for piano. The music shop I used to get a copy from has closed. Is it possible to request a copy on the abrsm site?

Thanks, David

#2 Ligneo Fistula

Ligneo Fistula

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1244 posts
  • Member: 529803
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2019 - 14:25

You can download a PDF version at https://gb.abrsm.org...ur-exams/piano/, although I suspect you mean a printed copy.

#3 _DaVid_

_DaVid_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 14:52

You can download a PDF version at https://gb.abrsm.org...ur-exams/piano/, although I suspect you mean a printed copy.

Yes, I have the pdf, thank you. It is the booklet I'd like to obtain.

#4 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17375 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 14 February 2019 - 17:07

Most music shops seem to have them, dont you have another one which is accessible ?. But I'm sure ABRSM will send you one if you ring them

#5 jpiano

jpiano

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2155 posts
  • Member: 1270

Posted 14 February 2019 - 17:24

I sympathise, David. We lost our local music shop years ago, and the nearest ones are a 10 mile drive either way with paid-for parking (although I appreciate there are plenty of teachers in more remote situations). I download and print out just the bits I need nowadays from the syllabus, but I did like the little booklets-they are well-presented and handy. Likewise, I used to enjoy and always read the printed copy of ABRSM's Libretto.

#6 Latin pianist

Latin pianist

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts
  • Member: 711500

Posted 14 February 2019 - 17:36

You often see them at exam centres too.

#7 Lucid

Lucid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Member: 23721
  • UK

Posted 14 February 2019 - 20:49

You can also contact the ABRSM and ask them to send you out a copy. 

Lucid :)

#8 _DaVid_

_DaVid_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:37

Most music shops seem to have them, dont you have another one which is accessible ?. But I'm sure ABRSM will send you one if you ring them

They don't stock them. Only rock stuff available and a few grade 1 piano books.

Thank you.

#9 _DaVid_

_DaVid_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:40

I sympathise, David. We lost our local music shop years ago, and the nearest ones are a 10 mile drive either way with paid-for parking (although I appreciate there are plenty of teachers in more remote situations). I download and print out just the bits I need nowadays from the syllabus, but I did like the little booklets-they are well-presented and handy. Likewise, I used to enjoy and always read the printed copy of ABRSM's Libretto.

I forgot about libretto. Is it still available? I've only ever read it online, didn't know there was a printed copy.

The music shop in my area doesn't really stock much apart from guitars etc. The shop in Glasgow I have used for 25 years has now closed and relocated in a shopping centre and is abysmal.

Thanks.

#10 _DaVid_

_DaVid_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:42

You often see them at exam centres too.

Yes you do, I forgot about that. I could probably nick along and get a copy at the beginning of March, if I don't get one beforehand.

Thanks.

#11 _DaVid_

_DaVid_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:43

You can also contact the ABRSM and ask them to send you out a copy. 

Lucid :)

Much appreciated, I'll send an email and see if they will. Failing that, I'll pick one up as kindly mentioned above at the exam centre.

Thank you.

#12 BrokenChordsGirlCG169

BrokenChordsGirlCG169

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Member: 897683
  • south-east

Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:02

Just print it out from this site. There are pdfs as others have said.

#13 _DaVid_

_DaVid_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 19:06

Just print it out from this site. There are pdfs as others have said.

I don't have a pc or printer. I'll get one from the exam centre. Thanks.

#14 Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Member: 899488
  • London

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:26

I recently received in the post a book called Violin Notes for ABRSM grades 1 to 8, 2016-19 by Rhinegold Publishing (which is also available as a pdf, but not free). Originally it was a free supplement in Music Teacher magazine.

It basically lists every piece in the syllabus (in and out of the official ABRSM exam books) with a paragraph of technical and/or interpretative information for each piece.

I put this here a) because I didn't know where else to put it, and b) so that anyone who knows more about this series of publications can point people to a fuller list of them. (perhaps there's one on Rhinegold's site - I've got all I need, so I haven't looked further). Maybe you could ask Rhinegold for something else you want and ask them to include a paper syllabus as well?

My local music shop "South London Music" is still open, and I've had paper copies of the syllabus from them in the past, but I just download the pdf nowadays. Since the paper syllabus is/was always free (surprisingly?), I'd hope there's someone at ABRSM ready to put them in the post if you pay postage.

I'd quite like access to ALL the historical stuff, but it's almost as though nothing exists before 2012-15. Maybe they only have two syllabuses that they recycle? I doubt it, as the contemporary composers (section C) would turn out weird!

#15 _DaVid_

_DaVid_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 20:21

...I'd hope there's someone at ABRSM ready to put them in the post if you pay postage.

I sent them an email requesting a copy and they kindly sent me three! Job done. Thanks to all.