#46 Latin pianist

Latin pianist

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3493 posts
  • Member: 711500

Posted 13 June 2019 - 13:53

They'd have to have your abrsm number to do that.

#47 Sautillé

Sautillé

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Member: 897314

Posted 13 June 2019 - 19:56

So, interestingly I had a written confirmation fromAB of the children’s exams that were ridiculously early. I always do online and never opt for written communication and I can’t help thinking that AB have done something dodgy and they know that, and that’s why I got the letter.
Frankly, I don’t care..... encouraging everybody to do Trinity at the moment....

#48 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6514 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 13 June 2019 - 21:33

Well just to add to the mystery, I have made 2 separate entries. I have ticked the box saying that I like paper notification in both situations - I changed nothing apart from the candidates. I received paper notification for one entry and nothing for the second. ohmy.png

#49 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7543 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:53

We have exams on Sunday. I am hoping against hope that this will be a happy and positive experience for all concerned; I am very tired and having some difficulty in raising my usual enthusiasm but I expect I will find it on Sunday morning. Fingers crossed.

#50 jenny

jenny

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2692 posts
  • Member: 7686
  • Manchester

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:29

Good luck, Aquarelle - I really hope that it's a successful day for you and your pupils. Do let us know how it goes. x

#51 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7543 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 20:36

Thank you! Yes, I will report back.

#52 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7543 posts

Posted Today, 19:01

I certainly did not expect the results we got. Fourteen  candidates from Grades 1 to 4, 13 piano and one Treble Recorder. 2 passes, 4 Merits and 8 Distinctions. It is a very long time since I had a group of children who, on exam day, actually played as well as or in some cases even better than in their lessons. I can't believe it.

We had a very experienced  examiner who is also involved in examiner training. He  put them at their ease and all except one came out smiling. The one who didn't smile was a 12 year old G4 who plays very nicely and works hard but just fluffed it on the day. I had expected she would come out with a respectable merit. She came out convinced she had messed it all up and failed. In fact she got 116. It was odd because she is one of two sisters who both took G4 today and usually she is the confident one and the older sister a bag of nerves.It just got reversed! Anyway she got lots of comforting hugs and reassurances from Atarah ben Tovim and me and her mother and i think when she gets her result she will feel better. She is very bright and I think stressed because she so much wanted to do well.

All in all it was a lovely day; We had 6 candidates from another town and I had the pleasure of meeting their piano teacher - a young Russian girl. Her pupils also played very well. We also had three violinists.

If you are wondering why I have the results so quickly it's just that the system abroad isn't the same as in the UK. We have some disadvantages compared to the UK but also some advantages. I come off quite well in so far as because of our geographical situation my pupils are nearly always the last group of the French tour. And that is how I know that the boy who got 143 for his Grade 4 has the highest score of this year's French tour. I'm not a great one for competition and top marks etc but it's nice to know occasionally that one is on the right road. It confirmed my belief that imagination and making the music say what you want it to say - whatever the grade - is the important thing.

Oh, and if any one else has pupils on the verge of going stale can I suggest a rescue job that certainly worked for us this year. A couple of pages of Hanon fun!  It does wonders for  the sluggish  and careless articulation that creeps in a couple of weeks before exam day!

#53 Gran'piano

Gran'piano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Member: 899443

Posted Today, 19:51

So glad that all went so well. Congratulations to pupils and teacher alike.