sheephops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Member: 896031
  • Warwickshire

Posted 20 June 2019 - 13:43

Hi,

I posted this on another thread, but think it's probably got lost amongst the other responses. 

I'm doing the written submission for the FRSM at the moment. Am keen to read someone else's that had a good pass to check if I'm giving enough detail in my writing as Im afraid I'm waffling a bit.

Would  anyone be prepared to let me read theirs?

Thanks in advance.

#2 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17527 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 20 June 2019 - 15:10

This has been double posted in same thread. Suggest only one used for replies and the other deleted.

#3 Invidia

Invidia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Member: 12564
  • London

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:04

I haven't done an FRSM but I know that it's compared to postgraduate level, so just to suggest that you might have more luck getting in touch with a university music department for advice on the written component? Or an academic proofreading service? Or even look for performance based MA dissertations/PhD theses that have been published online to get an idea of the appropriate standard.

#4 Wai Kit Leung

Wai Kit Leung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Member: 160

Posted 23 June 2019 - 04:48

I did mine in 2003, but can no longer locate my written submission. I still remember what I wrote though, and have the examiner’s comments on it. Just hit me up if you want guidance.

#5 mrbouffant

mrbouffant

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1825 posts
  • Member: 33716

Posted 24 June 2019 - 15:28

Did you get your topic approved by the board? It's not mandatory to do so, but I felt I wanted to check I was going in the right direction so they were happy to give some guidance.

I would say it is a Masters-level dissertation, but very short, so focussing in on your subject is a must.

I did mine back in '05 or '06 so I can't find mine either but happy to provide any thoughts.

#6 sheephops

sheephops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Member: 896031
  • Warwickshire

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:47

Hi Mrbouffant,

I wasn't aware that they would approve a topic - they certainly won't approve a programme???