Rescheduling and late booking
Rescheduling - what you need to know
- Rescheduling opens once the booking period has closed and we have confirmed the timetables. This is usually around two weeks after booking has closed.
- The person who booked the exam (or candidate if they have an account) can then log in to look for alternative dates within the same exam session.
- You can change an exam slot up to three days before an exam date. For example, if you log in on Monday you can book into slots from Thursday onwards.
- Alternative slots are subject to availability and we cannot guarantee that you will be able to reschedule an exam.
- We are unable to transfer access arrangements or reasonable adjustments to a rescheduled exam. If a candidate has these booked, please consider this carefully before rescheduling their exam.
- It’s not possible to reschedule exams between Public Venues and Private Visits and you cannot change the exam type or grade.
How to reschedule
- Log in and click ‘Booking details’ to view your booking.
- Click the clock icon next to the exam/candidate to search for and select an alternative exam slot.
Late booking - what you need to know
- Late booking slots are limited and we cannot guarantee that you will be able to book an exam once booking periods have closed or a Private Visit has been confirmed.
- It is not possible to make late bookings for candidates with specific needs who need access arrangements or special arrangements.
Select a link below for more information.
- Late booking opens once the booking period has closed and we have confirmed the timetables. This usually around two weeks after booking has closed. Exam slots also become available throughout the session due to cancellations.
- You can book into exam slots up to three days before an exam date. For example, if you log in on Monday you can book into slots from Thursday onwards.
ABRSM Jazz Visits
- Booking for ABRSM Jazz Visits closes 28 days before the visit date. It may then be possible to make a late booking if space is available.
- You can book into available exam slots up to 48 hours before the exam date.
- Booking for instrumental and singing Private Visits closes 28 days before the visit start date. It may then be possible to make a late booking if space is available.
- You can book candidates into exam slots up to three days before the visit start date. For example, if your visit starts on a Thursday the last day you can make a late booking will be the Monday before.
- If you have locked your timetable, you will only be able to make late entries into available space at the end of the day or into slots created by cancelling exams.
- We cannot add further days or extend a half day to a full day.